Cross Roads Homeless Shelter residents are grateful for all of the back to school items they have received from generous donors. Some essentials still remain and we can help meet these needs by donations of any of the following items:
Walmart or Gas gift cards, water bottles, rain ponchos, new underwear for any and all adult sizes, and gently used twin sized sheets, blankets, and bath towels.
Anyone wishing to donate any of these items can bring them to church prior to September 26 and they will be delivered along with the meal for that evening or you may deliver them directly to Cross Roads House, 600 Lafayette Road, Portsmouth, NH 03801-5435
* * * * * * * * *
Church World Service in need of help with Disaster Relief Kits
With the increased number of disasters around the world, Church World Service, an international relief agency, has asked for help with Clean Up Bucket Kits. If you have any of the following items, you may donate them during the month of September at the church OR a donation of $70 covers the cost of an entire bucket. These donations can be made in the large emergency buckets located in the front hall outside the sanctuary and in fellowship hall on the first floor. THANK YOU!
- Four scouring pads
- Seven sponges, including one large
- One scrub brush
- Eighteen reusable cleaning towels (e.g. Easy Wipes)
- One 50 oz. or two 25 oz. bottle(s) of liquid laundry detergent
- One 16-28 oz. bottle of liquid disinfectant dish soap
- One 12-16 oz. bottle of household cleaner that can be mixed with water (no spray bottles)
- One package of 48-50 clothespins
- Clothesline, two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.
- Five dust masks
- Two pairs heavy-duty, waterproof dishwashing gloves (latex-free, non-surgical)
- One pair work gloves, cotton with leather palm or all leather
- 24-28 heavy duty or contractor type 30-45 gallon trash bags on a roll and removed from carton
- One 6-9 oz. bottle of non-aerosol insect repellent