When we reflect on God’s blessings–His gifts to us–then the deepest and truest response we can make is to give back some of God’s own.
Online giving is an easy, convenient way to give back and support the mission and ministries of First Congregational Church of Hampton. The benefits of online giving include being able to give from anywhere at a time that is convenient for you, not having to write checks, and being able to set up recurring donations so you don’t miss an opportunity to give when you are away from home or church.
Online Giving Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does online giving work?
To use online giving, click on the button above which takes you from the church website to a secure donation page hosted by Vanco Payment Solutions LLC. Contributions can be set up in two ways:
- A one-time donation where you are not required to create a user profile. Simply enter your name, address, payment method, payment amount and other essential information and submit the donation.
- A recurring donation where you will be required to create a password-protected user profile on the first visit to the donation page. You will be asked to enter your name, address, payment method and other required information before setting up a recurring donation. On future visits, simply log in to make, change or view donations. Recurring payments can be set up as weekly or monthly.
For both methods, you see a printer-friendly confirmation page and may also request an automatic email confirmation.
2. How can I keep track of my online giving?
As in the past, the church will prepare giving statements which list all donations. If you have an account with Vanco Payment Solutions, you can choose to receive a record of donations through email. Electronic transfers will also appear on statements issued by your financial provider.
3. How are online donations processed?
We use Vanco Payment Solutions to process direct withdrawal donations. Vanco handles all of the security necessary for processing the transaction then transfers the money into the church bank account. The church receives electronic notification about all donations.
4. Is online giving secure?
Yes. Vanco Payment Solutions is a PCI (Payment Card Industry) Level 1 compliant service provider which means all transactions are handled in accordance with the most rigorous security standards. The contributor’s bank account information is processed only on Vanco’s secure system. Vanco Payment Solutions is the recommended online church giving service of the United Church of Christ, the United Methodist Church, and other large church denominations. For more information about the security of Vanco Payment Solutions see http://vancopayments.com/security/
5. Is there a fee for this service?
No, there is no charge to you as the donor. The amount you select to give is the amount that will be charged. Your entire donation is tax deductible.
6. Are there other methods of giving available?
Yes. You may wish to make use of your own bank or credit union’s online bill paying service. This is usually a free service where you may set up a one-time or recurring payment to First Congregational Church of Hampton using the church name and address. Your bank or credit union will then generate a check which is mailed to the church office. (This method is different from giving through the Vanco Payment Solutions online giving portal.)
You may also choose to give directly to the church by check or cash in the offertory plates during any service. You may also mail a check to the church office at the address noted on this website.